So, what can make you a better learner? We bring to you some tips which when followed would surely help you become a better learner. Read the article and know what are the ways to effective learning.
- Continue learning new things. Studies have proved that people who are engaged in learning new things, have higher chances of increasing the gray matter in the brain, associated with visual memory. When somebody ceases to participate in learning activity, the gray matter tends to vanish.
- Make use of whatever knowledge you have acquired. Unless you use the knowledge you have gained, it becomes very difficult to retain it. Make the utmost use of knowledge and help your visibility to increase.
- It has been seen that if you teach things that you have learned, you have better chances of learning it well. This theory is widely accepted in many educational institutions where teachers do follow the concept of letting a student be the teacher for rest of the class. Practicing this concept helps to solidify any information in the brain.
- Try and establish a personal connection with any of the information that you read. Once you do it, your retention power increases.
- Learning through practical experience is often considered to be better than reading through textbooks. Reading information and writing it down is good; but when they are applied to practice, its appear to improve learning, better than anything else. Particularly, when you are learning a new skill, it’s always recommended to practice it regularly to develop faster.
- Another very effective way of learning is to go through tests which can actually help you remember things very well that you have learnt. Various researches have proved that students can recall any knowledge for long when they are tested than those who are given extra time for study and not tested.
- Reviewing your work by someone is one really good idea to get yourself corrected. Whenever possible, check with someone who has wide knowledge in your concerned subject and help you acquire some additional information.
Effective learning is not something that is adopted in one day; it takes time. Follow these tricks added with some determination can take you long way as an effective learner.